Crucial Features To Add In Your First Note-Taking App Development
If we look at the past decade, there have been a series of major ups and downs in the tech industry and this includes the mobile app development industry as well. This evolution of technology is mainly built around the different types of the web as well as mobile applications that are now become an integral part of almost all industry verticals.
From the retail industry to the transportation sector and from the banking sector to the education field, mobile apps are now making a place for themselves in all mainstream verticals.
With that being said, one of the other categories of applications that are making its way into the spotlight are the note-taking apps. Yes, that’s true the demand for note-taking app development is reaching another level now all thanks to the known players like Evernote, Notion, Google Keep etc.
Now let’s focus on the part of developing a note-taking mobile application and what are the main features that are required to build a successful note-taking app.
Essential Features For A Note-Taking Mobile App
Some of the crucial mobile app features that you just can’t afford to miss in a note-taking application are as follows:
- Real-Time Collaboration: The option of collaboration in real-time is very essential in a note-taking app. This is mainly because you need to provide your end-users with the flexibility to make changes as per their convenience. This app feature allows you to make changes in the documents and files in the real-time. For instance, if a user is making a change in a particular file then other users can also comment on that change simultaneously.
- Anti-Folder Format: The feature of the anti-folder format, also known as the folderless organization, is another functionality that users want to have in their personal note-taking app. Today, users want to get rid of the folder format in their smartphones as it just adds up to their confusion and creates a virtual mess. Instead of adding folders you should opt for the approach of nested pages.
- Offline Mode & Device Sync: Another mandatory feature you should be in your note-taking application is the one that allows the end-users to access the mobile app even when their internet connection is not working. We are talking about the offline mode which is a highly efficient feature that provides users the comfort to access their data without WiFi across all of their synced devices.
- Take Notes, Create Checklists & To-Do Lists: Last but not least, we have the basic feature of note-taking apps that enables the users to take notes, write down their checklists, create to-do lists and other tasks of this nature. This is the most important feature of the app that can either make the app successful or simply break it.
Nowadays, many note-taking mobile applications are taking a step forward and include various new functionalities on their platforms. Some of these additional functionalities are a range of project management tools, coding guidelines, special wikis feature, mission statements, design specifications and much more.
Best Note Taking Apps To Try In 2019
Now that we have gone through some of the main features when it comes to note-taking app development, it’s time to take a look at the note-taking apps that are currently leading the app stores.
Microsoft OneNote is one of those note-taking apps that has been in the industry for quite some time now. The one word that perfectly describes this application is simplicity which further fuels the ease of use for the end-users. In order to get started with OneNote, all you need is a Microsoft account which might act as an issue for some people.
Quip is a great note-taking application that is available for a wide range of platforms including Windows, Web, MacOS, iOS, and Android. For companies that are just entering the scene, this mobile app can act as a boon for them as it is very affordable and is packed with a ton of features.
In addition to this, the live applications for this note-taking app also consist of process bars, polls and even calendars which can be further personalized as per the user preferences.
Evernote is considered to be the ultimate one in the midst of other note-taking apps. With this application, users can access their data on the basis of priority. Whether it’s for scanning of the handwritten notes or maintaining the typed note, Evernote manages it all effortlessly.
This note-taking app provides you with 60 MB of free storage per month which is more than enough for a majority of people. There are different plans available in Evernote so that users can pick the one that matches their requirements.
Some of the additional features offered by the Evernote app are:
- Users can access their notes in the offline mode.
- You can save emails in this app.
- Option to easily annotate PDFs.
- Users can show their notes in the presentation format.
- Options to scan and then digitize the content, for example, business cards.
- Dropbox Paper
The app of Dropbox Paper is supported by many platforms including the web, iOS, and Android. It is basically a collaborative app for business teams that are still in their initial growth phase. Dropbox Paper is here to assist you in creating as well as sharing ideas that you have noted down during your meeting discussions.
Being a highly versatile app, users can almost work on everything on this app. From coding to videos, Dropbox Paper has got you covered.
Using a note-taking app can turn out to be very productive for your business team, for instance, team leaders can keep a close eye on everything happening in the documents and seeing the contributions made by every other team member.
Our advice would be to not ignore the importance of note-taking app development thinking of it as a mundane activity. In case you still have any doubts remaining, check out the wide range of features offered by the top-notch note-taking apps mentioned above in the article.